Criteria for Abstract Acceptance
The BrMass/BrProt Program Committee will meet to review abstracts. Abstracts must meet the following criteria:
- The results presented in each abstract should add something new to our base of knowledge in mass spectrometry. The novel aspect of your work is an important consideration during abstract review.
- The abstract should include sufficient results to properly represent the experiments that will be presented.
- There must be a fundamental difference between each of the abstracts submitted from a research group. The same results may not appear in multiple presentations.
- Each attendee can be the presenting author on only one abstract (although an individual may be listed as a co-author on multiple abstracts).
Abstracts and posters should preferably be written in English, but Portuguese will also be accepted
How to Submit Your Abstract Online
Before entering your abstract, assemble the following:
- Abstract – Limit 1000 characters
- All of the co-author names, affiliations (institute/company) and their email address. IMPORTANT: Help recognize your co-authors correctly by carefully entering their name as it commonly appears on their publications.
- Session selection (track)
Oral and Poster Topics for Abstract Submission
• Ambient MS
• Clinical analysis
• Natural Products
• Alternative fuels
• Inorganic MS
• Ion spectroscopy
• Imaging MS
Posters are assigned by number. Find your assignment in the final program book or online planner. Posters are to be set-up on the assigned day 30 min before presentation. Posters should be removed each day 6:00 PM. Each poster space is 90 cm wide and 120 cm high. Each board is numbered in the upper left corner.
for Oral Presentations
As a speaker at BrMass, please note the following
- Each speaker will have 20 minutes for presentation. Please plan your talk for 17 minutes to allow for introduction and questions.
- Most session rooms are LARGE. Be sure your visuals are clear and very legible.
- Take your presentation to the BRMASS Staff at least one day prior to your talk to upload your presentation to the system.
- Arrive in session room few minutes before the start of your session to introduce yourself to the session chair.